Monday, January 24, 2011
Something New: Automotive Photography
Anybody who knows me, knows that I am completely obsessed with cars. I love everything about cars. From driving them, to working on them. I have dabbled in car photography over the years, but I have never done it enough to feel comfortable with it. I have decided recently that I would like to become more proficient in this type of photography. These past few weeks I have been arranging shoots with various people and their cars in order to give me a chance to practice up on my skills. Cars tend to be difficult subjects because of the tendancy that they have of reflecting everything in sight. They act like a giant, odd shaped mirror. I found out quite quickly that light can be a good friend or a worst enemy when shooting cars. I had the best luck shooting this Cobalt when it was in the shade (or when the clouds covered the sun). I really like how these turned out and I need to thank Jc for bringing his super clean 2010 Chevy Cobalt SS out on this rainy day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Profile
- Chase Birks
- My name is Chase and I love the excitement of seeing an idea of a picture turn into reality. Photography is one of my passions in life and I seek continuously to learn and improve. I am located in Utah Valley and am always looking for interesting locations and people to shoot, so feel free to contact me. chasebirks@gmail.com








ok kids are much cuter but you still make cars look GOOD!! I wish we lived closer to you so I could take advantage of your skills.
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures! Think you could make my Buick look that cool???
ReplyDeleteKathy